The Brexit app on Eikon provides all the tools you need to make better decisions in relation to the UK's chaotic exit from the EU. With access to real-time Reuters news, Datastream charts and interviews with political and industry experts in the Global Markets Forum, there are plenty of ways to enhance Brexit insight.
The Brexit app on Eikon provides access to:
- Real-time Reuters news, alerts and commentary from Reuters, as well as macro chart content from Datastream, in partnership with Fathom Consulting.
- The Global Markets Forum in Eikon Messenger, including LiveChats with political and industry experts.
- The latest on-demand videos and live streams from the House of Commons are available on Reuters Insider.
Britain’s protracted exit from the European Union has left financial professionals in need of trusted sources of information in order to fully understand the impact of Brexit on currency and other markets.
The Brexit app on Eikon provides Refinitiv customers with a single point of reference for all Brexit-related coverage going back to the referendum in 2016. It is a one-stop shop providing you with the tools you need to stay informed and to drive decision making.
For example, the Brexit app recently highlighted research from Goldman Sachs estimating that Brexit had cost the UK economy about £600 million (US$790 million) a week since the 2016 vote.
As the world’s fifth largest economy, this translates to 2.5 percent of GDP at the end of last year, compared with the country’s growth path prior to the mid-2016 vote on exiting the bloc.
Refinitiv’s 2019 Deal Makers Sentiment Survey also reveals that, by wide margins, respondents in all regions feel that Brexit will make UK companies less attractive acquisition targets.
Brexit app key features
The key features of the Brexit app on Eikon include:
- Real-time access to the latest news, alerts, and commentary from Reuters – the world’s leading provider of news and financial insight.
- Unparalleled macro chart content by Refinitiv Datastream, in collaboration with Fathom Consulting, with critical indicators of confidence, trade figures, investment levels, sterling volatility and more.
- Access to the Global Markets Forum on Eikon Messenger, moderated by expert Reuters journalists, to chat with your peers and join hosted LiveChats with political and industry experts discussing the wide-ranging impacts of Brexit.
- Award-winning graphics and interactives from Reuters, detailing the ‘Brexit effect‘ on markets, sterling, the UK economy, immigration and real estate.
- The latest on-demand videos and live streams from the House of Commons on Reuters Insider.
- Easy access to other related Eikon apps, providing you with a comprehensive set of content, data and analysis.
The Global Markets Forum on Eikon Messenger has heard from a host of special guests in recent weeks, including the ex-chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Jim O’Neill, and the UK’s former Brexit minister George Bridges.
In his LiveChat, Bridges addressed the future of Prime Minister Theresa May and questioned who in the cabinet would want to pick up the “poisoned chalice” of Brexit. He said: “Weirdly, her weakness is her strength.”
To access the Brexit app, search [BREXIT] in Eikon. Don’t have Eikon? Register for a free trial.